How to Treat Scabies
Scabies is described as an irritating skin condition triggered by the infection of louse known as Sarcoptes Scabei. It is highly infectious and has immense potential to be transferred to other people via physical contact in close vicinity. Below are some tips you ought to know to cure scabies to the core:
Causes of the infection:
- The irritating sensation, itchiness is actually body’s reaction to the infestation caused by mites / house.
- Allowing close physical contact and exchange of things with an individual having scabies exposes you to the risk of contracting scabies.
Diagnosis of the condition:
- The physician would take a thorough examination of your skin and closely inspects if there are any signs of infestation caused by mite. The physician could scratch out a bit of your skin as well from in the burrow to meticulously look at it employing a microscope.
- The burrow, a tiny hole is taken any point of study on your skin where the female mite lays eggs. It appears to be a skinny red or brown line that often seems in skin flaps.
Signs and Symptoms:
The chief indication of scabies is itchiness which is usually is quite taxing at night.
- Below are zones in which ‘burrows’ are usually encountered in adults:
- Inner Elbow
- Soles of the feet
- Around the breast
- Among children, the burrows are usually found in the following regions of body:
- Soles of the Feet
Remedies at home:
The sensation, itching might continue even many weeks after you had begun your treatment for scabies. Below are a few pieces of useful tips you may dispense to do away with itching:
- It would be advisable to apply calamine lotion to set off pain and irritation owing to infestation.
- Get benefited by the use of antihistamine available over-the-counter. It will help mitigate your body’s allergic reaction.
- Try to cool your skin. Taking bath in mildly cold water or gently compressing the affected zones with a wet towel soaked in cold water will also do against the itchiness for the time being.
Prevention and cure:
It is pertinent to note that scabies can proliferate rapidly. By the time you contracted its symptoms, you may need to get your whole family examined whether or not they have signs of scabies infection:
- Don’t share your personal belongings with others to curtail the contagious tendency of scabies.
- Keep linens and bedding thoroughly washed. Always wash your cloth and bedding with hot and soapy water before you commence your treatment. It would be advisable to treat them with dry heat.
- Keep the things, awaiting wash, in a tightly closed plastic container. In the manner, the mites are liable to die as they won’t be able to feed on flesh should the items contain them.
Scabies can be handled relatively easily. But if you ignore treatment when it is required, you are gonna put your family or fellows at the stake of contracting the contagious irritation. Moreover, negligence toward proper treatment may lead your scabies transform into a lethal form, Crusted Scabies.
Filed Under: Conditions & Treatments