How to Treat Middle Ear Infection
Middle ear infection, notoriously known as Otitis Media, is a commonplace infection you must have encountered in your childhood. The signs normally die out within a couple of days and you don’t usually need treatment other than there are any severe consequences. Below are some tips you are supposed to be conversant with to treat Otitis Media at your convenient:
Signs and Symptoms
- Ear drainage
- Pulling at their ears
- Fever encounter at 100° Fahrenheit.
- Don’t respond promptly owing to lack of hearing
Causality of the condition
Middle ear infection often appears after a viral infection. Owing to the infection, the middle ear turns inflamed and fluids, therefore, get deposited and blockade the ear canal.
Cures and remedies
- Ear drops may be administered to get relieved of the traumatizing effects of pain.
- Myringotomy, an ear surgery, may be recommended by your physician to drain out the insidious fluids that get deposited in the ear canal. Insertion of a tube will allow the fluids pipe out of the ear resulting in the desired, even distribution of the pressure.
- Over the counter pain killers in this condition predominantly include Acetaminophen (tylenol) to help do away with pain. But avoid the use of Aspirin, particularly in case of young children, to prevent Reye’s Syndrome.
- Otitis Media usually heals itself. Doctors would monitor a child for about 3 days. If the infection isn’t cured, it is the high time to seek treatments or surgery, in case you are certain that the condition is critical.
Medical care to be dispensed domestic setting
- Surveillance of your child’s ears more than often will credibly enable you determine if the problem is getting aggravated or not.
- Monitor your kid divert his attention off the pain by employing him in activities such as tell-tale and watching movies.
- Gentle warm compress is an effective technique of shedding off pain. Just put a warm cloth over the affected body zone.
- Children are more exposed to this condition because their immune systems are not fully matured yet. Also prevent your child play or come into to close vicinity of those already infected.
- In case of minor, breast feed would be the ideal cure. Mother’s milk contains sufficient percentage of nutrient elements and immunoglobulin meant for strengthening your kid’s immune system.
- Adults, however, can try decongestants and other flu related medicines, to cure the core cause of contracting otitis media.
As mentioned in the beginning that apparently there is no obvious cause of the disease contraction. It is a condition that relative more often encountered during one’s childhood once or more than in adolescence. Maintaining a hygienic getup vis-à-vis tended by prescribed medication is the panacea. Only a prolonged occurrence is to be perturbed!
Filed Under: Conditions & Treatments