How to Treat Giardiasis Naturally
The infection of intestine with protozoa is found in food and water is usually called as Giardiasis. It is described by diarrhea, nausea, flatulence and abdominal uneasiness. In the following article we will discuss some of the natural treatments for Giardiasis.
- Plant essential oils (distilled from raw plant material) are useful in treatment of Giardiasis. Some of the major essential oils used in the treatment of giardiasis are, croton cajucara oils and garlic oil. They are useful against other diseases also.
- Grapefruit extracts are useful natural treatment for Giardiasis.
- Raw garlic is also helpful in treatment.
- An ayurvedic formulation known as Pippali rasayana can be used to treat the parasite of the Giardiasis. This formulation is usually rich in Piper longum and Butea monosperma (palash).
- You can use the paste of Indian long pepper or Piper longum with water or ethanol to treat the Giardiasis. The paste should be aqueous solution, keep the paste for few days and later use it.
Diet for Giardiasis
To fight against the Giardia, you need to have a fiber diet. Fiber diet not only reduces the severe symptoms but also helps to prevent you for longer period of time against the Giardiasis. The two main properties which protect you from Giardaisis are:
- Fiber diet increases the mucous secretion.
- Fiber diet limits the parasites as they are insoluble.
Giardia is mostly attached to the intestinal mucosa, but fiber diet restricts their intensity to spread freely, eventually mucosal colonization of Giardia stops. Finally the parasites are thrown out of the body and patient feels comfortable.
Avoid sugars in Giardiasis
Sugar is not a healthy substance for the patient suffering from Giardia. It should be avoided during Giardiasis attack.
Avoid Dairy Products in Giardiasis
Giardiasis reduced the capability to absorb and digest the lactose. So to avoid diarrhea, stop consuming the dairy products. Diarrhea can further worsen the problem for you, so it is better to stop taking dairy products.
Reduce Fat in your diet
Avoid consuming fat as much as possible during the phase of Giardiasis. Diet rich in fats excite the production of Bile acid in your body which is a life saving acid for giardia trophozoites. Fat enriched diet can also severe the problem of steatorrhea, diarrhea and nausea et cetera along with Giardiasis.
Wheat Germ in Giardiasis
Wheat germ is very helpful to fight against Giardiasis. Wheat germs are rich in lectin (sugar binging proteins) and bind to NAG remainders. It is better to use wheat germ juice or extract daily.
Filed Under: Conditions & Treatments