How to Kill Bacteria
Microorganisms such as bacteria are there all around in our environment. You need to be cautious about the maladies they infest. Following remedies shower light on bacterial elimination: -
There are different ways of sterilization. Usually, it is accomplished through heating. The approach governing this method is to subject bacteria to high heat till extermination. For example, if you need to sterilize baby bottles, put them in a container of boiled water for a couple of minutes.
Cold temperature kills a certain range of bacteria as well; the procedure is usually dispensed for new foods.
- Disinfectant solutions
They are employed to exterminate bacteria from various tops. Clean your articles with an alcoholic cotton swab. Other range of disinfectants includes copper sulfate, silver nitrate and lugol’s solution. A range of acids and alkalis is effective in exterminating bacteria — e.g. phosphoric acid, sulfuric acid, nitric acid, sodium, calcium and potassium hydroxide.
- Cleaning agents
A range of these agents is considered effective to kill bacteria.
Over Your Physic
- Hand Washing
The first step to removing bacteria off your body — this inhibits transfer of microorganisms from other things and people. Better wash them with soapy water. Applying a microbial soap would be the best option. Ideal if you manage to scrub your hands through wrists area. Massage your hand palms with your fingertips alternately. Make sure to access the spaces between fingers during cleaning process. Attend the space beneath fingernails. Sustain it for about 15 seconds before rinsing.
- A Daily Bath Is Recommended
While bathing give focus more on body zones having relatively greater exposure to moisture such as groin and armpit areas — safe heavens for the outgrowth of bacteria.
- Antiseptic Solutions
They help kill bacteria on the skin. In case of an exposed injury, better clean it employing povidone-iodine. Other exterminates are chlorine preparations, peroxide, alcohol and salicylic compounds.
In case of health issues triggered by bacteria, an antibiotic or bacteriostatic medication can also be dispensed. Bacteriostatic check bacterial growth. These medications tamper with bacterial cellular arrangement. Mutation caused such as this certainly kills bacteria.
They can not only detoxify substances, but are also effective in microbic extermination.
- No need to purchase disinfectant, rather synthesize them at home using following methods: -
- Take a half filled water bottle, pour some domestic bleach filling the bottle and shake for some time. This solution is effective for disinfecting toilet seats, computer tops and bathroom tiles.
- Mix a spoonful of chlorine in a quest of water. This is effective for cleaning floors. Pour the liquid over the floor let it remain wet for a couple of minutes. Dry by rinsing and airing. A mop / cloth can also be employed for wipe-drying.
- Prepare a 1-5 dilution vinegar solution. This is a good substitution to that of chlorine.
- Disinfectants and antiseptics offer a range of utility and as such a number of substances can be categorized under their title. However, a broader distinction remains that the disinfectants are meant for non-living while antiseptics respond to living beings.
- Antibiotics, also referred to as chemotherapeutic agents, can be dispensed in the following manner: -
- Orally — the medicine being in tablet, capsule or syrup form.
- Topically — such as eye / ear drops and skin ointments.
- Intravenously — in case of a fatal systematic infection — the practitioner may administer it via vein.
Numerous ways do exist there to do away with bacteria. All you have to do is be careful about the choice of mode of administration as per nature of infection. The safest approach, however, is to consult your reliable physician beforehand. On top of everything, general cleaning and hygiene is the highest law.
Filed Under: General Health