How to Insert a Tampon
Going through menstruation can be extremely painful experience. Nevertheless, if you have proper devices such as tampons, the pain can be reduced to endurable limits. Tampons happen to absorb menstrual debris, however, if this is your first experience, its dispensation could be challenging. Following is the account on techniques for the tampon insertion:
- Soap and water
- Acquire a pack of tampons. Choose the small size for the first time. The day time is best advised for the flow is heavier during that time. Before application get your hands thoroughly washed.
- Don’t be nervous otherwise the insertion would be tougher for you.
- Assume a convenient standing / sitting posture. While squat position is suitable for some women, others may prefer propping one leg over toilet. Using your dominant hand take hold of the tampon like you do with pencil. Grip at its middle — the spot where in smaller tubes happen to enter the larger ones. Keep the string visible either; it should be oriented off your body.
- Employing the opposite hand, purse the vaginal labia, the outer skin folding around opening.
- Now gently insert the tampon into the vaginal aperture. Sustain penetration till such time the outer tube of the applicator is inside you with inserting fingers already touching the interior.
- Once the inner tube gets in withdraw the applicator using your middle finger. Keep the strings hanging outside vaginal opening. The cord is actually meant to extract the tampon when done with.
- Normally, an appropriately induced tampon doesn’t irritate you. Otherwise you’ll require to re-adjust it.
- Employ the exact measure of tampon absorption. In case of little menstrual discharge, you may opt for the smaller ones.
- Frequently keep changing your tampons — about every 4-8 hours. A tampon kept in vagina over longer spans of time an environment for a huge bacterial range is created that could induce a rare infection termed as TSS — Toxic Shock Syndrome.
- Avoid using the device for other purposes than those underlying the menstrual discharge.
- In case of insertion characterized by pain, seeking a practitioner’s examination would be advisable — sometimes there is narrower hymen opening than the normal — in such a situation tampon insertion is to be substituted with any other suitable alternative.
Tampons are primarily dispensed to bring comfort and relief from the unbearable menstruation pain. All you need to do is follow the instructions and get a larger measure of relief for your menstrual inconvenience.
Filed Under: Women's Health