How to Give a Neck Massage
Dispensing a nice massage at your partner’s neck after a stressful day is a wonderful experience. What renders it even better is the idea that it’s free of cost. Below is on how to impart such a great favor:
- Employ a massage lotion. It will aid your hands slide relatively smoothly over the recipient’s body. Receiving it with a good odor will also add to the factor of relaxation.
- Use a comfy, low chair with straight back. Keep a cushion over recipient’s breast so that he or she can move forward at ease.
- Instead, you can help the recipient lie down on a plain mattress for even greater ease.
- Stay at the back of the recipient and pour some massage ointment in your hands. Slide your palms with each other to heat up the oil.
- Hose your palms at the junction of the neck and shoulders. Grasp them loosely and place your thumbs around the nape.
- Pull the shoulders and rub your thumbs in a circular movement. Repeat this for a couple of seconds and quit shortly before doing again.
- Move the recipient’s face toward a side. With three fingers stroke the uncovered shoulder upside the neck. Perform soft, measured moves. Maintain it quite for some time alternatively with the other side.
- Redo Step 7, but with circular motions this time — from shoulder to a side of the neck.
- Slide both hands to a side, and form a claw. Gently hold the bottom of the neck with one hand and position the other over it. Rub both hands down in exchange as if you were drawing a rope. Perform this for few minutes.
- Open out your fingers and gently pat your fingers below the base of the recipient’s cranium, all through the neck down, and outward through the shoulders and back. Repeat the same move for a few minutes.
Filed Under: Body & Skin Care