How to Fight the Flu
Daily, people contract influenza or flu. Normally it’s not that harmful, and allows an easy recovery; however, in certain settings the common flu has inflicted thousands of deaths. The spread of the swine flu virus can be cited as a recent example. You must at least have basic know how of how to fight it to save your health. Following are some useful tips to remember:
Prevention at early stage
Following hygienic instructions enables you to fight flu. If you promptly take every precaution, you are likely to avoid it a great deal:
- Maintain a distance from people suffering from flu.
- Avoid frequently visiting crowded venues.
- Have a regular intake of Vitamin C supplement to obtain optimum performance of your immune system.
- Have a balanced diet, comprising whole wheat, fiber, vegetables and fruits. Pour in eight glasses of water daily.
- Don’t forget to wash your hands with antibacterial soap and water. You may also use alcoholic hand sanitizers if required.
- Have a flu vaccine easily available over the counter at affordable price.
Being fortunate, you’ll credibly try to avoid flu at the most, but in case you fail, then an early response to it would be in the fitness of things. Below are the common signs of influenza:
- Sore throat
- Appetite loss
- Colds and cough
- Aches and muscle pains
Treating the condition
The moment you contract flu, this is high time to treat it. Following are a few effective ways to help you prevent it.
- Take in plenty of fluids
Maintain fluid levels and flush out the toxins out of your body. To that end you must drink eight glasses of water daily. Soup and fresh juices naturally rich in vitamins strengthen your immune system. Make up for electrolytes by an intake of sports drinks. However, to relieve a sore throat you can try a bowl of warm herbal tea with honey. Avoid caffeinated or alcoholic drinks.
Your body requires to recover, and the more strained you are, the slower will be the process of recuperation. Just take some rest. Don’t invest that much exertion, keep resting. Also take naps afternoon.
- Take in plenty of nutrients
People victimized by flu normally have difficult digestion, therefore begin taking vegetable broth and plain crackers in the beginning. Once you start restore your appetite, switch to solid foods. ‘Leafy veggies’ such as spinach and kale, contain Vitamin A are useful. Also get some fiber by trying cereals and oatmeal.
- Take medications
Medication may help warding off pain or some indications. Get advice from your physician before taking a medicine. For your convenience, a couple of useful medicines are cited below:
- To cure fever and pain: Take them in moderation for they may pose hazardous side effects when taken in excess.
- Decongestants and cough suppressants: To treat running nose, congestion and cough.
- Antiviral medication: If your flu has turn from bad to worse, this will enable you fight it. If you have a peculiar lung condition, though, your doctor may not prescribe it.
- Gargle with warm salt water to assuage your sore throat.
- Use aromatic steam to facilitate your breathing.
- Pour down two garlic pills thrice a day to clean your system. These function as antibiotics do.
This information will help you cure flu effectively. However, if the signs aggravate, don’t delay to visit your reliable practitioner who’d certainly advice you on how to restore your health.
Filed Under: Conditions & Treatments