How to Eat Healthy While Dining Out
Dinning out is one of the causes most people can’t reduce their weight or adhere to their diet schedule. It’s real hard to watch your eating when at a restaurant. Following are some tips you can stick to having a balanced and still nutritious diet when doing excursion out:
Before Dinning Out
- Calculate your prescribed calorie intake routine. Determining the calorie amount will help you to figure out the quantity to be eaten.
- Schedule your eating sessions. If you had a huge breakfast, do cut short your lunch and dinner. Better you have a light breakfast, a heavy lunch and then a light dinner.
- Watch your lifestyle. Leading a dynamic life means requiring lot of energy to perform daily activities. Don’t just keep yourself hungry. Prefer energy providing foods and eat the recommended amount.
- Before visiting a restaurant, hint at the foods compatible with your diet. It will make it convenient for you to go for the right food to order while you’re dinning out there in the restaurant.
Selecting a Restaurant
- While choosing a restaurant, select the one offering a healthy menu.
- Be careful to learn about the method of food preparation — the kind of oil they use, the milk, whole or fat-free, butter or margarine, do they respond to personalized food queries from their customers, etc.
Choosing the Foodstuff
- You ought to order any specialized food such as one having fewer calories. Instead of fries you can order vegetables on the side also.
- If you desire pasta, it’d be better to go for the ones that are tomato-based sauces than cream-based ones. Red sauces lack in fat than white ones.
- Don’t show much craving for cream-based soup, it is rich in fat content, instead choose broth-soups.
- Same is the case with fried foods, so go for broiled, grilled, poached, steamed food.
- Give preference to foods chiefly based on fruits and vegetables. They will supply you with sufficient fiber alongwith related vital nutrients.
- During a salad intake, see if they can separately serve the dressing enabling you to control the quantity of dressing going with your salad. It would also be much advisable to use vinaigrette for your salad dressing in view of its fewer calories.
- Always opt for fruits to be served as dessert instead of cakes. In case of dining with a friend, do exchange your dessert with him. It must constitute some half the calories for you!
You could yet be in command with your food intake even while dining at restaurants. Keep fit and smart like always!