How to Do Kegel Exercises – For Women
Kegel exercises for women aim at strengthening their PC muscles, known as pelvic floor muscles. These workouts can help deal with incontinence related with stress resulting from childbirth, mental tension or medical treatment. They can also boost a woman’s sexuality. If interested, go through the following detail:
- Sense your PC muscles, i.e. the muscles surrounding your inner genitalia, but in case you’re finding it difficult to detect them, perform the same action you do while stopping yourself from peeing. The muscles you push when stopping pee are actually your PC muscles.
- Void your bladder prior to proceeding with kegel exercises. You can perform kegel exercises in sitting posture as well.
- Begin with squeezing your kegel muscles for five seconds before the start of another five seconds’ session. Try clenching your muscles as tight as you can, but within endurance limit! Repeat it five times more a day.
- Add to your kegel exercises over the course of a week. If you have performed a set of clench and release in a day, try two sets the second day, three for the third day and so on. Ideally, enhance the number of kegel sets to four times a day.
- To generate might in your exercises, try holding the muscles beyond five seconds. Use strength until you can squeeze your PC muscles for ten seconds at one time.
- Create variation in your workouts by doing one set featuring the typical clench and release, while the next one should involve quick clench and release session. As in other workouts, the quickly you get used to or at home with a physical activity, the more ineffective it is. Therefore, do vary it in different ways!
- Don’t overdo your kegel workout performing more sets than the recommended figure. However, if you feel strained overdoing your kegel exercises, stop it there. Performing workouts at strained levels can result in adverse reaction and may undo the achievement so far made.
- As in other workouts, kegel exercises need progressive buildup prior to ushering into tough routines, a proper way to perform exercises.
- Certain products are available out there in the market to build up your PC muscles, but they are not considered that working. A prompt kegel workout routine is the only viable panacea to attain the desired objectives.
- The great thing about kegel exercises is that you can perform them irrespective of spatial and timely constraints; moreover there is no need for the warm up. Do it when sitting down at your desk, driving. Kegel exercises are one of the easiest workouts.
Filed Under: BodyBuilding & Exercise