5 Symptoms of Genital Warts
Genital warts are usually painless and are not prominent enough and hence difficult to diagnose. But there are certain symptoms which you should keep in mind. Following are given some of the main symptoms of the genital warts.
- In men, most of the genital warts appear in the form of raised soft mass. Anything like that on your rectal area, urethra, and scrotum can be a symptom of genital wart. These raised masses usually have two kinds of surfaces, i.e. smooth and rough. The wart on penis area may have a smooth surface, but a wart on the anal area may have rough one.
Note that mostly the warts are a raised mass structure. But in few cases you can have flat genital warts also. Besides, a finger like projection and hidden lesion can also be a symptom of genital wart. Whenever you find a cauliflower or pear type mass on any of your genital part, check it carefully as you can never rule out the possibility of genital wart.
- In women, genital warts usually occur at the vaginal opening or labia minora. Symptoms are almost the same for men and women. Lesions can either appear in the inner or out part of the genitals. However, these lesions are not easily visible so a proper inspection is required to find out its nature.
- Proper inspection of the inner part of the genital is important to diagnose the disease and its symptoms. In women at times, vaginal discharge, bleeding or itching are taken as major symptoms for genital warts.
- If you develop a wart at your urethra opening, it can be very painful for you. The passage for your urine is obstructed and you might feel pain and sometimes bleeding. You feel difficulty in discharging the urine.
- Itching and painless bumps on the genital parts are two of the most common symptoms for genital warts. In many cases a discharge has been seen from the genitals. All these symptoms need careful examination for their prognosis. Without proper prognosis the treatment will not be possible.
- Warts can be of any size and varies from 1mm to several cm. same is the case with genital warts. Genital warts also vary in their sizes. It has been seen that large warts come into existence as a result of joining one or two warts together.
Filed Under: Articles